Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Half-Day Hell

This week has been half-days for the school kids. For some reason Donald has not been adjusting well. He is half day Kindergarten, so really he's only going 1/4 of a day - two hours. I'm not sure what happens to him in these two hours, but he comes home with an attitude and is nasty to everyone. Yesterday, he became well acquainted with his room. We are also officially "unplugged" until Friday. This means no TV or video games. I find it helpful to ban these things in times of chaos. It really helps the kids realize that they are not drones, that other people exist and teaches them how to play with others again. I really need to revisit the idea of TV and video games only on the weekends. I enjoy my kids-in-front-of-the-TV-alone time though...hmm...hard decisions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment