Friday, January 23, 2009

Moving Stress

This move is hitting me hard, mostly physically right now. I'm sure the emotional will set in after the chaos is over. When it rains in this house, it pours! We found out we were going to move on 1/8. Our tentative move date is April 15th. I have been trying to break things down into little tasks so I'm not overwhelmed, but it's not working. Our first priority is selling our house. The market has slowed down, so I'm worried. Our house is not in good showing condition. It desperately needs a makeover and we don't have the time or money to do it right now. So far, I have been packing up the clutter, which has proved to be a big task. I have finished the living room, dining room, family room and I'm almost done with the kitchen. Today I'm tackling the laundry. It has been neglected for 2 weeks and is starting to take over the upstairs. I'm hoping to also clean downstairs tonight. Hubby cleaned our bathroom and has been working in our bedroom. Our bedroom is a major project. It is the shove-all while I clean the rest of the house and I never get around to cleaning it. I appreciate all of his help, especially since he has been sick and working all week and still comes home and cleans. My only issue is that he is a piler. He sorted everything by room, but I have to still go thru all of it and pack or toss it. Tomorrow, we have a birthday party and Chuckin' Cheese and then I'm coming home to start the kid's rooms. They are both complete disaster areas. I can't even get in the door. I'm kind of excited to purge some of their stuff. The housing we're moving into is big, but we won't have a playroom. All of their toys will have to be in their room. We are going to try to enforce a no toys downstairs rule, well see how that goes LOL! I have until Tuesday to get everything done because there is someone who wants to see the house. I'm just hoping that I can pull it off. I'll be here by myself after Saturday afternoon because hubby has to go to Key West for 10 days. I'm hoping for small miracles or huge energy bursts!

No comments:

Post a Comment